As ever I was joined by TechCrunch managing editor Danny Crichton and our early-stage enterprise capital reporter Natasha Mascarenhas. We had Chris on the dials and a pile of stories to get by means of, so we have been fairly hype heading into the present.
However earlier than we may actually get began we needed to focus on Cincinnati, and TikTok. Pleasantries and extortion out of the best way, we acquired busy:
- Ecommerce and fintech keep sizzling as Square reported big earnings, Shopify and Etsy do well, and extra. We tied this to latest VC ends in the fintech area, which noticed a file variety of $100 million rounds in Q2. There have been some indicators of weak spot elsewhere, however the common state of issues in tech is surprisingly sizzling, given the pandemic and recession.
- Gumroad founder Sahil Lavingia has a brand new seed fund that he in-built collaboration with AngelList.
- D2C ladies’s-health startup Stix raised a $1.three million Seed spherical.
- Quantum-computing startup Rigetti raised a $79 million Collection C.
- Rippling raised $145 million at an eye-popping $1.35 billion valuation; the corporate’s final worth, set a yr in the past, was $270 million.
- AgentSync put collectively a $4.Four million Seed spherical to assist carry APIs to insurtech.
- Turning away from funding to some neat product information, India-based Statiq is constructing a bootstrapped EV-charging community.
- And as we wrapped, the Byju-WhiteHat Jr. deal was neat, JIO is soaking up a huge amount of Indian VC, and Natasha’s newest piece on studying pods had us arguing about what issues are value.
It was one other enjoyable week! As all the time we admire you sticking with and supporting the present!