This week we had the complete crew round as soon as once more, Natasha Mascarenhas, Danny Crichton, Chris Gates, and myself. And as all the time, it was key to have the complete crew as there was an ocean of stories to get via. Earlier than we get into the present, be sure to’ve checked out Danny’s newest work on the TechCrunch Checklist and let’s get into it:
- The TikTok saga continues: This week we spent a couple of minutes discussing why bankers are incentivized to make the proposed TikTok-Microsoft deal as aggressive as doable. Or a minimum of make it look as aggressive as doable. And, there’s some data from inside Microsoft about how the deal is being considered.
- Airbnb may file to go public this month! It’d go public earlier than the yr is out! That’s approach higher than we anticipated. (Bloomberg got its Q2 finances.)
- Palantir could file for a direct listing next month! That’s nice. We wished to know what Palantir actually is, specifically a consultancy or a tech firm. After which we performed valuation bingo in order that we will look again later and mock ourselves.
- I used to be very excited concerning the Duck Creek IPO. Few of my pals joined me in being excited.
- The three of us additionally took a minute to riff on the latest Pinterest news, specifically that it’s poorly run and is sexist per its now-former COO. We’d like to cease masking these tales, however they preserve taking place so, on we go.
- Danny had some neat SPAC data to share, serving to illustrate that SPACs aren’t merely a meme, they’re an actual, driving drive of public firm motion this yr. As was Tesla’s introduced inventory cut up, which led us to ask why a couple of occasions.
- Subsequent up, Natasha walked us via her newest work digging into how GenZ is shaking up the funding world. We framed the modifications in some historic context, and determined that actually ultimately the children are alright.
- Danny introduced us to a detailed, with a observe on Conduit (connecting founders and early-stage traders) and Circle (creator software program). Each are value your time.
And that was our present! We’re again Monday morning. Keep cool!