What occurs when the whole podcast crew is a bit drained from, you understand, the whole lot, and does its highest? This episode, apparently. A giant due to Chris Gates for serving to us trim the fats and make one thing good for you.
Earlier than we get into the matters of the week, don’t neglect that Equity isn’t again on YouTube most weeks, so in case you wished to see us do the speaking with some enjoyable additional from the manufacturing staff, you are able to do so right here. Extra to come back as soon as I get my new exterior digital camera to work.
- The general public markets are afire today with Apple reaching $2 trillion in market cap, and Tesla’s inventory doing all kinds of strange issues. In brief, shares have solely gone up for some time and that signifies that there’s heat, nigh-stuffy temperatures round belongings of all kinds.
- That is resulting in a surge in liquidity, unsurprisingly, as asset managers of all kinds look to reap the benefits of the occasions. So, Asana is prepping a direct listing, Airbnb has filed privately, And ThredUp is eyeing an early-2021 IPO. Across the identical time as Coinbase, we’d reckon.
- Airbnb banned events as nicely, which wound up being the title of the present.
- And SPACs are nonetheless occurring in rapid-fire vogue. The Fairness crew isn’t tremendous impressed about the entire affair, however I’ll say that with Paul “Fucking” Ryan involved, it’s probably a sign of the top.
- And capping the liquidity chat, Natasha ran us via what Chamath is thus far, and Danny rabbited on about Kabbage.
- Funding rounds! Welcome raised a $1.four million examine that I coated, Labster raised $9 million that Natasha wrote about, Carrot Fertility picked up $24 million that all of us thought was fairly good, and our friends at Crunchbase News wrote about PadSplit, which is truthfully neat however we ran low on time after spending an excessive amount of time on SPACs. Check them out here.
Whew! We’re doing loads over at TechCrunch.com, so, keep tuned and know that if we have been a bit frazzled this week it’s as a result of we’re working our backends off to convey you neat issues. You’ll dig ’em.
Okay, chat Monday, a present that we’re already planning. Keep cool!